7 replies to this topic

#1 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hey Ive got a question, is it possible to change the Column color of a crosstab dynamicaly by render? I give an example: I cri8 a crosstable with very much attribute rows on the left side. Now i want to change the colors for the different rows in the left column like blue, gray, blue, gray ... and so on. Thank for Help.

#2 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 13932 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

So, in the dimension/header column, you want to alternate row colors? If so, you just need to add a highlight rule to the cell. If you want to alternate the row color all the way across all columns, it's a little more work because of how a crosstab is created. Let me know.
  • Stephan Lau likes this
Regards,

Michael Williams

Actuate Corporation – The BIRT Company™

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:
Google: mwilliams.actuate@gmail.com

#3 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for reply! Its just the dimension column like you thought so i will try to use these highlight funktion, i hope i can get it like you told. i will report afterwards :-).

#4 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

ok, I managed it to set a Highlight on a spezial condition like "If .value of the column is equal to x then highlight backround red" but how can alternate the color of the column in that way? i dont want an alternative color by one spezial condition, i want to swticht between two colors all the time

#5 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 13932 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

Sorry for the delay. What's your BIRT version? I'll make a simple example.
Regards,

Michael Williams

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#6 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 13932 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

Maybe this devShare post will help. If not, let me know and I'll make an example. :) http://www.birt-exch...t-using-script/
Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#7 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

oh many thanks! my BIRT version is 3.7.2. but i will look at your link first Edit: This example really works fine! Many thanks to you for help!

#8 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 13932 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Great! Glad it helped! Let us know whenever you have questions! :)
Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me: