7 replies to this topic

#1 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hey Ive got a question, is it possible to change the Column color of a crosstab dynamicaly by render? I give an example: I cri8 a crosstable with very much attribute rows on the left side. Now i want to change the colors for the different rows in the left column like blue, gray, blue, gray ... and so on. Thank for Help.

#2 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14472 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

So, in the dimension/header column, you want to alternate row colors? If so, you just need to add a highlight rule to the cell. If you want to alternate the row color all the way across all columns, it's a little more work because of how a crosstab is created. Let me know.
  • Stephan Lau likes this

Regards,

Michael Williams

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:
Google: mwilliams.actuate@gmail.com

ActuateIsOpenText.jpg

#3 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for reply! Its just the dimension column like you thought so i will try to use these highlight funktion, i hope i can get it like you told. i will report afterwards :-).

#4 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

ok, I managed it to set a Highlight on a spezial condition like "If .value of the column is equal to x then highlight backround red" but how can alternate the color of the column in that way? i dont want an alternative color by one spezial condition, i want to swticht between two colors all the time

#5 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14472 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

Sorry for the delay. What's your BIRT version? I'll make a simple example.

Regards,

Michael Williams

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

ActuateIsOpenText.jpg

#6 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14472 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

Maybe this devShare post will help. If not, let me know and I'll make an example. :) http://www.birt-exch...t-using-script/

Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

ActuateIsOpenText.jpg

#7 SNX2012

SNX2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

oh many thanks! my BIRT version is 3.7.2. but i will look at your link first Edit: This example really works fine! Many thanks to you for help!

#8 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14472 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Great! Glad it helped! Let us know whenever you have questions! :)

Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

ActuateIsOpenText.jpg