7 replies to this topic

#1 akhilp

akhilp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

Hello, can we add text on image in birt? please see the attacheed image.

Attached Files

#2 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14088 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

You could set the image as the background image of a grid or text element, then just put your text in, like normal.
Regards,

Michael Williams

Actuate Corporation – The BIRT Company™

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:
Google: mwilliams.actuate@gmail.com

#3 akhilp

akhilp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

thank you William, I tried this earlier. the problem with this, background images are not exported to excel(no issues with other images). it works fine with pdf. I am not sure, if i am missing any property to set for excel. is there any other way around like using SVG script. currently we are drawing this type of images using SVG in Actuate e.Report.

#4 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14088 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Take a look at this report. It should get you started. Replace the path in the onCreate script of the second image element, with the path to an image on your machine.

Attached Files

Regards,

Michael Williams

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:
Google: mwilliams.actuate@gmail.com

#5 akhilp

akhilp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Thank you Michael. I am able to draw the image using svg and text. thank you for your support and instant help. Regards, Suresh

#6 noodle768

noodle768

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

is it possiable to connect BIRT with C#? I mean I want not only to add txet annotation on images ,but also other formal annotation, like Hot Spot Annotation ,Freehand Annotation .etc ,with the support of image annotation dll in C# .Any suggesiton?

regards

#7 jacaboo

jacaboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

is it possiable to connect BIRT with C#? I mean I want not only to add txet annotation on images ,but also other formal annotation, like Hot Spot Annotation ,Freehand Annotation .etc ,with the support of image annotation dll in C# .Any suggesiton?

regards

thanks for sharing, that's awesome but somewhat overpriced for me who will just use it only once, do you have some cheaper or even free versions, any suggestion will be appreciated!

#8 kclark

kclark

• Administrators
  • 2042 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

regards

Are you just wanting to call a class that renders a BIRT report from C#?  If so you could try IKVM.NET, I haven't used it but it looks like you should be able to execute a Java class from C# with it.

Kristopher Clark

http://www.actuate.com | http://birtondemand.com

My Blog

Twitter

LinkedIn
Facebook