- Submitted: Oct 26 2016 02:24 PM
- Last Updated: Oct 26 2016 02:24 PM
- File Size: 233.06KB
- Views: 563
- Downloads: 39
- Approved by: Virgil
- Approved on: 04 November 2016 - 08:13 AM
- Summary: Example how to dynamically add filters to tables and crosstabs in script.
- Content Type: Designs & Code
- BIRT Version: iHub3
Download Dynamically Add Filters to Tables and Crosstabs 3.1.1
script filter dynamic
Example how to dynamically add filters to tables and crosstabs. The code is in the beforeFactory. There are 2 examples:
- Add Filters to Tables and Crosstabs.rptdesign is designed in OS BIRT 4.5. It uses the Classic Models database as the data source. In general it is better to add the filters to the data set so the filtering is done on the data source. Sometimes this is not possible (flat files, complex logic).
- Classic Models XTab Filter by Script.rptdesign is designed in Actuate BIRT 3.1.1. It uses a Data Model (that uses Classic Models). This technique is used for optimization when parameters are not required and the filters do not already exist in the bindings. In general the more bindings, the more expensive the query to the data object. So if parameters are optional you only want to add the filters (which will in turn add bindings) when they are needed.
- 926 Total Files
- 8 Total Categories
- 146 Total Authors
- 30238 Total Downloads
- Two Crosstabs in to Another Visualization Latest File
- mblock Latest Submitter
0 user(s) are online (in the past 1 minutes)
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users