#1 minawi

minawi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Reading this article gave me what I want for a parameter page
BIRT World: 2.2 BIRT Tag Library: Building a Custom Parameter Page
But what was missing in the article is how to link the parameters we collect to the report.

I appreciate any example or link to explain this issue

#2 AbhayTech

AbhayTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:26 AM

report parameter should be bind with dataset parameter ,and dataset parameter are present in dataset(parameter) .So that at run time when you pass value it will take value from database. Did i give answer of your question???

#3 minawi

minawi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

OK I got it. Now, can we run the report in the same page as the parameters? I mean, like you probably seen before, the parameters on the top and the report below the parameters. The parameters page and the report in the same page.

#4 AbhayTech

AbhayTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

yes!!! you can use dynamic text for paametes and pass reoprt parameter there, and for the same page just above ur report fields paste another row of table or grid ,dont give page break ,you will get the things!!!

#5 minawi

minawi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

yes!!!
you can use dynamic text for paametes and pass reoprt parameter there, and for the same page just above ur report fields paste another row of table or grid ,dont give page break ,you will get the things!!!

Hi AbhayTech

You lost me here.
Can you give me a little bit more details for this newbie.

I am not sure what you meant by dynamic text or what to post above report fields.

To rephrase my question. I have the following parameterPage and I want the report to show below it when I press Run Report. Now it shows in a new page and I have to click the Back button to go back to the parameter page.

thanks

reportDesign="/report/abb_report.rptdesign"
name="my form"
pattern="frameset"
height="100"
width="600"
format="html"
title="My Viewer Tag"
isCustom="true"
showTitle="true"
showToolBar="true"
showNavigationBar="true"
target ="parent"
>
TOP COUNT PARAMETER

#6 AbhayTech

AbhayTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:28 AM

Hi, there are two kinds of parameters report parameter and dataset parameter, as you said you want to display parameters above and below the detail report. For showing parameters runtime you will have to take dynamic text from pallete and bind it with report parameter,it will show dynamic binding when you run the report you can see the list of parameters are displayed ,you select that available drop downlist or options and report is generated ,which value you have selected you can see the same value in dynamic text. Do one thing ,paste a grid just above your detail report and drag drop dynamic text from pallete into the grid and then double click on that and bind with report parameters!!! if this time you couldn't do the things ,i will send you the rpt design but first plz try for it!!! Thanks & Regards!! Abhay

#7 minawi

minawi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hi Abhay The solution to my answer was to create a iFrame element in the JSP and point the birt:parameterPage's Target to the iFrame. thanks