• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hi,

I just installed Actuate iServer 11.
I see the following reminder in my console:

Reminder:
One or more iServers in your Actuate iServer system are in violation of the node locked Actuate iServer license. After the grace period expires the iServers that violate the node locked Actuate iServerlicense cannot be restarted. Please contact Actuate Licensing (licensing@actuate.com or http://www.actuate.com/licensing), or your representative, and request a new node key file for the iServer nodes that are in violation. Please restart the iServers on the nodes after updating the node key file.

Can you please tell me what I need to do, in order to get rid of this error?

Thanks

#2 mcremer

mcremer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Hi,

I just installed Actuate iServer 11.
I see the following reminder in my console:

Reminder:
One or more iServers in your Actuate iServer system are in violation of the node locked Actuate iServer license. After the grace period expires the iServers that violate the node locked Actuate iServerlicense cannot be restarted. Please contact Actuate Licensing (licensing@actuate.com or http://www.actuate.com/licensing), or your representative, and request a new node key file for the iServer nodes that are in violation. Please restart the iServers on the nodes after updating the node key file.

Can you please tell me what I need to do, in order to get rid of this error?

Thanks

When you use install a License you need to make a hardware snapshot (as told in the license e-mail) when you get your real license based on your hardware. This error will disapear. Unless you have a trail license still in your network i think.

#3 Srividya Sharma

Srividya Sharma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

Hi everybody,

Thank you for replying.

Here are the details on how I solved the issue.

Email licensing@actuate.com requesting for a node locked license key.

Once they send the new license file, follow the instructions in readme that comes along with it.

To update the license key file, perform the following tasks:

1. Copy the Actuate_iServer_key_XXXXXXX.xml license file to the shared location specified by the ConfigHomeDirectory variable in the <iServer HOME/etc>acpmdconfig.xml file and rename the Actuate_iServer_key_XXXXXXX.xml file to acserverlicense.xml. Replace any previous acserverlicense.xml file.
2. Restart any node where the node-key configuration changed.

On restarting the iServer, the reminder/error no longer appears.

Hope this helps others with the same problem. :)

Srividya Sharma