• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ydgr

ydgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

Hi, I can use RBD v7.5.1.5 and BIRT v2.3.2. I connect Jazz Data Source, with WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT snapshot.I created two dataset that first data sets name is LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT and STATE. LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table include WI_ID, SUMMARY, PROJECT_AREA_NAME, CONTRIBUTOR_NAME columns but I want to see STATE_NAME column in the same data set. STATE_NAME column is in the STATE table so I joined data sets LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT and STATE table using below document: http://www.ibm.com/d...art3/index.html (Table joins) There are 196 records in my STATE table. So I can not add a computed column to the work items data set. I hope, I can explain corret. Thanks

#2 Dhanya

Dhanya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

Hi, I did not understand your problem correctly. Were you able to fetch the correct records from STATE table? Were you able to created the computed column? If not why? Thanks Dhanya

#3 ydgr

ydgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for reply. Actually, I need state_name for workitems, closed,reopened etc. So I created computed column for State_?d as http://www.ibm.com/d...art3/index.html document. I could create the computed column but state records is very different each in STATE table. So I can not write expression for state_id the computed column. Expression must include like '_Efk74JK'+row["STATE_NAME"].This computed column matches the ID value in the state table. this '_Efk74JK' value is very different my state table in my Jazz Data Source. Thanks again

#4 Dhanya

Dhanya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for reply.

Actually, I need state_name for workitems, closed,reopened etc. So I created computed column for State_?d as http://www.ibm.com/d...art3/index.html document.

I could create the computed column but state records is very different each in STATE table. So I can not write expression for state_id the computed column. Expression must include like '_Efk74JK'+row["STATE_NAME"].This computed column matches the ID value in the state table. this '_Efk74JK' value is very different my state table in my Jazz Data Source.

Thanks again

Hi,

I had the same problem. The computed colum which is Project area itemid + State_name was slightly different. The data in the State table, column state, was Project area itemid + "s" + State_name.
Please check what is the difference in your state table and modify the computed column. Then it should work.
Thanks
Dhanya

#5 ydgr

ydgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

Thank you very much Dhanya,I used Project area itemid + State_name I can get STATE_ID. But now I have another problem that I create new workItem Query at WorkItems tab. I selected all status in status conditions (opened, closed etc)and field against and owned by. But there are very records in this query (query result includes 336 records)than BIRT report(query result includes 154 records) with same query. Thanks.

#6 Dhanya

Dhanya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:20 AM

Thank you very much Dhanya,I used Project area itemid + State_name I can get STATE_ID.

But now I have another problem that I create new workItem Query at WorkItems tab. I selected all status in status conditions (opened, closed etc)and field against and owned by. But there are very records in this query (query result includes 336 records)than BIRT report(query result includes 154 records) with same query.

Thanks.

Hi,

I guess you might have to check with one of the row that didn't come out of the Birt query result and debug this. I have no clue why this would have happened.

Thanks
Dhanya

#7 ydgr

ydgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:02 AM

Hi, I compare birt and rtc query count, Birt query didn't list children WIs that related with parent WI. So Birt WI's count appear less than RTC WI's count. But I dont know how I resolve. Thanks

#8 Dhanya

Dhanya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Hi,

I compare birt and rtc query count, Birt query didn't list children WIs that related with parent WI. So Birt WI's count appear less than RTC WI's count. But I dont know how I resolve.

Thanks

Hi,

I have not explored the portion of the children links.
You might search in this forum as to how to pull the details of the children also.
So that you will have the same count in both the queries.
Thanks
Dhanya

#9 Dhanya

Dhanya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hi, Can you check this out http://www.ibm.com/d...art2/index.html This tells how to get the child and parent work items Thanks Dhanya