• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 davcondev

davcondev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

I'm attempting to create a Salesforce.com ODA data source in BIRT Report Designer and I get the error below when testing the connection.

I have tried to connect to test and production salesforce.com instances without success. There doesn't appear to be anywhere in the data source advanced properties to specify the server. This leads me to speculate that the server is hard coded and has gone out of date?

I'm able to connect using Salesforce.com's Excel-based ad hoc query tool which I presume uses the same API as this data source.

Thanks in advance!

Error:

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException
at com.birtexchange.oda.salesforce.impl.Connection.open(Connection.java:54)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.OdaConnectionWrapper.open(OdaConnectionWrapper.java:209)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.OdaConnectionWrapper.<init>(OdaConnectionWrapper.java:59)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.OdaConnectionFactory.createConnection(OdaConnectionFactory.java:26)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:358)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.ui.DataSourceEditorPageCore$1.run(DataSourceEditorPageCore.java:629)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.wizards.ProfileDetailsPropertyPage.testConnection(ProfileDetailsPropertyPage.java:98)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.wizards.ProfileDetailsPropertyPage$1.widgetSelected(ProfileDetailsPropertyPage.java:80)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.dialogs.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:111)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.actions.EditDataSourceAction.doAction(EditDataSourceAction.java:69)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.AbstractElementAction.run(AbstractElementAction.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2629)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2593)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2427)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:670)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:663)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
  • orandourpoxed likes this

#2 dmelcher

dmelcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

Hi davcondev, Thank you for your interest in the SalesForce.com ODA. The ODA currently only connects to a production/development environment. Connection to a test environment is coming soon. All communication to SF is done through their SOAP Web Services API. To determine if you can access the SF APIs, please type the following into a command prompt: ping na3-api.salesforce.com If the reply cannot successfully return an IP address, then your network might be blocking this for some reason. Please let me know the results of this test, and we'll take it from there. Dan
  • orandourpoxed likes this

#3 BRM

BRM

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

I am having the same issue. I issued the ping command from the command widow and it worked just fine. What now?

#4 dmelcher

dmelcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

Make sure the IP address of your dev machine is set up in Salesforce. In SF, go to Setup | Security Controls | Network Access and add your IP address as a trusted IP range. Your true IP address can be found by going to www.whatismyip.com.

Let me know if this helps,
Dan

FYI, to update this thread: A new version of the Salesforce ODA is on the Marketplace that allows connection to the Salesforce test environment.

#5 BRM

BRM

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

That worked! Thank you.

#6 dmelcher

dmelcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

You're welcome! And thanks for letting me know the outcome. It'll be helpful to others who read this post. Dan