3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeO

JoeO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

Is there a script I can use in a report design to pull it's FILE_IID, while on the iServer? This field is in the AC_URUP_AC_FILE table. I would like something similar to the reportContext.getAppContext().get("ServerUserName") code that you can use to pull the name of the user that is logged in.

#2 averma

averma

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hi JoeO, What version of iServer are you working with and what do you plan to do with FILE_IID?

Ashwini

Follow me on Twitter
Read my Blog BIRT Rocks!

#3 JoeO

JoeO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

I am using Version 11SP3 and I will be using the script in a filter on a data set in my report design. I am going to pull the security roles associated with the report design (that is why I need to reference FILE_IID). Report design names will duplicate in different directories, so I cant reference them unless I build a query to include the directory structure-- possible, but tedious. Also, a FILE_IID script would be dynamic so that I can use the same script in all report designs, instead of hard coding the directory (which might change over time). Why do I want to reference the security roles?... I am using parameters in my report designs in combination with data row security on the underlying data stores. Although a user might have multiple roles in their ACL, only some of those roles might be assigned to a particular report design. Without using this workaround, users will see all options in the parameter boxes since data row security is not tied into the roles assigned to a report design itself. Thanks!

#4 averma

averma

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hi JoeO, I checked with PM, at this time there is no such script/method to retrieve this ID into a BIRT report. I know that there has been some talks around extending security model to BIRT parameters. I would recommend you to file an enhancement request with Actuate support. http://support.actuate.com

Ashwini

Follow me on Twitter
Read my Blog BIRT Rocks!