9 replies to this topic

#1 sirim

sirim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hello, The Y axis and values of the bar in the chart do not match. The chart shows 3 bars and the values are completly different. The Y axis Values are 0,2,4,6.... Now the value of the bar may exceed 20 but still the largest value on the y axis is 12. Can it be changed so that the user can understand the value of the bar just by looking at the y axis(I mean can the y axis value match the bar value.) Regards

#2 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14067 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

It should automatically expand to fit the axis values, unless you've set a min and/or max value for the axis. In this case, the bars that didn't fit in the scale wouldn't be shown. Can you reproduce your issue with the sample database? Or at least attach your report?
Regards,

Michael Williams

Actuate Corporation – The BIRT Company™

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:
Google: mwilliams.actuate@gmail.com

#3 sirim

sirim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

I have attached my report. I have another question regarding this report...I am trying to pass the project parameter to the sub report, however it is a string value and need to pass multi select values. WHenever I try to dot this throught the drill down it does not work and gives an error. It seems like it is an issue with BIRT, could you please suggest me a solution for it. Thank you

Attached Files

#4 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14067 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Can you take a screenshot of the output? I don't see a reason why your chart would not scale correctly. It would be best if you could create a sample report that also scaled incorrectly. For the parameter, if you select to allow multiple values, the parameter object is an array of strings. If you need to pass it through to another report, you should run a join(",") on the parameter value to make it a comma separated string. Then, it should pass just fine.
Regards,

Michael Williams

Instantly add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel exporting, and JavaScript integration capabilities to your BIRT application with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#5 sirim

sirim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Thank you Michael!! I am now able to figure out both the issue. The join("''") worked for the drill down. For the Y axis in charts I was assigning a value to the Standard --- Suffix. That was the reason it was behaving weird. I have a different question for you. When getting drill down from the charts is there a way to get the details of a single bar instead of all the bars in the chart. For example-- In the same report(attached) I have like 3 bar charts and the interval for x axis is by month.Suppose for some value passed by the parameters the chart gives 4 green bars for four months(Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr). Now if I click on any of the green bars it gives the sub report but with the data for all four months. Is there a way that if I click on the green bar for Jan month the sub report give the details for just Jan Month and similarly the green bar for Feb month gives details for Feb month. Thank you.

#6 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14067 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Are you adding the interactivity for the "chart area" or for an individual series?
Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#7 sirim

sirim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

I am adding interactivity for indiviual series. And would different results for each of the bar for same series. The drill down should be taking the month in from the X- ais of the chart.

#8 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14067 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

So, what you've done is in the report you attached above? If not, can you attach the report that shows what you've done with this?
Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#9 sirim

sirim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

I got the solution for my question Michael. Thank you so much for all your help. Regards

#10 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Administrators
  • 14067 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

You're very welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions! :)
Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me: