BIRT Developer Center Download

Photo
- - - - -

How to hide Crosstab Column which is used for aggregation but their values are not used

Crosstab

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Emy

Emy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:24 AM

Hi ,

I have developed report by using Crosstab.In that,one group Column as F is used in Summary field with column E.Without adding that F column,result of Summary field came as wrong..I just need F column for aggregation of E column.For that,I have added F Row...I dont need to show the datas of F column..Please help me to hide F Column.I have Attached the screenshot of report.Please do the needful.

Thanks in Advance.

By ,

Emy

Attached Files

• marizw4 likes this

#2 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Members
  • 14821 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:04 AM

Is F a dimension or a summary field? It looks like a row dimension in the image, but it's hard to tell.

Regards,

Michael Williams

eSignLive Evangelism & Community Manager | eSignLive by VASCO

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

eSignLive Developer Community

Email me:
Google: mwilliams.silanis@gmail.com

#3 Emy

Emy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

Hi Michael Williams,

Thanks for your reply.It would really encourages us to go forward to getting out solution.

F is a row dimension..F column is used only for summarize the E column.That row dimension F should be needed..There is no requirement to show the values of F column.Simply we used F row for summarizing E filed...Is there any javascript is available to hide this row?

Thanks,

Emy

#4 todaydad

todaydad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:45 AM

hi emy,

you need tell us more info about how column E is computed from column F.

#5 Emy

Emy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:25 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Column E is a summary field..E is aggregate on by Group F/Column D..I don't want to show the values of 'F'..

For eg,

Header1   Header2  Header3  Column 1

Value1      Value2      Value3     SummaryField(Value3/Column1)

I need to hide Header3 & Value3...Group Value3 is used for summary field for aggregation...If i removed Value3 group,i cant able to aggregate summary field..

I have attached sample iamge...In that,Inter Cont is a F field..Notification date is a Column filed...For Aggregation purpose ,F filed is required..

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Emy

Attached Files

#6 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Members
  • 14821 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

The question I still have is why is there a grouping "Header/Value 3" if you don't even want to show it. If there are multiple value 3's for every value 2, why wouldn't you want to show the level 3 grouping. I guess I'd just need to see data. Either way, to get what you're wanting, you'd likely need to create a field in your data set that is row["field 2"] + "-" + row["field 3"] and make that a dimension in your cube that you'll use instead of your separate groups, then, just delete the data element for the new combined group and replace it with a data element that only shows the group 2 value or use script to show only what you're wanting. Hope this helps. I think I might have an example of this somewhere. I'll post it if I do. Otherwise, I can make one if you let me know your BIRT version.

• Emy likes this

Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#7 Emy

Emy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.I'm using Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.4.0.v201405191524.

Thanks,

Emy

#8 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Members
  • 14821 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

Take a look at this report. In the data set, I create a computed column that combines the two fields I want to group by to use in the data cube. In the report I have three crosstabs to show the differences.

The first one is from the first data cube showing the groupings as is. The row dimension is the two field group and both fields are showing.

The second one is also from the first data cube showing just the second grouping field, but still grouped by both. I achieved this by adding the second grouping field as an attribute to the dimension in the data cube (double click on the dimension field in the data cube editor and you'll see an area for adding attributes). In the crosstab, I just deleted the data element for the original group and added a new data element that used the expression for the attribute field instead of the actual group field.

The third crosstab is a control crosstab that shows what the crosstab would look like if you only grouped by the second grouping field.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files

• Emy and prpundge like this

Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#9 Emy

Emy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for your Valuable Reply..Now,i can able to solve that issue in my report...Thanks a lot :)

Regards,

Emy

#10 mwilliams

mwilliams

BIRT Guru

• Members
  • 14821 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:38 AM

You're welcome. Let us know whenever you have questions. :)

Regards,

Michael Williams

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
Blog

LinkedIn

Email me:

#11 prpundge

prpundge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:52 AM

how to split a crosstab Columns into multiple crosstab tables???

means. first 5 columns create one table next five columns create another table..

• prpundge likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crosstab