BIRT Developer Center Download

Photo
- - - - -

Exporting child table data from BIRT(3.7.1) report to CSV in Maximo 7.5.3 with main table

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coreyhill

coreyhill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

Hey all,

I'm currently looking for a way to export the data from both the main table and child table I have nested within it all into a csv on a report I created. After doing some research I've discovered that the data is exported based on the bindings in the report, but I have a business requirement to have it all exported just like the report has.

Is there any way to do that or is that functionality not available?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

#2 rdpeterson

rdpeterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Hello.  Can I see a copy of your report?  Are you running the report in Maximo then selecting the Export Data set or Export Report option to export to CSV file?  In my organization, our Work Order List report is bound to a single data set but the data set is a query with sub-queries joining to other tables, etc.  When I run the report and choose the Export Data output option, all fields in the data set including related tables are available to return in the output.  You can also bind sub-queries separately in the Fetch block of data set objects to a main query in the Open block, but it's still a single dataset object for output.  Again, I'd have to see the report to know what's happening for you.

#3 wwilliams

wwilliams

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:06 AM

Would writing your own CSV file work?

Google FileWriter